The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) wishes to notify the general public that the Commission has launched the online application portal for interested Applicants who wish to serve as ad-hoc staff in General Elections for 2023 Presidential, Governorship, House of Assembly and Local Government council elections scheduled for February, 2023.
INEC Portal for the engagement of election staff now open to eligible applicants. Before you register on this portal, please ensure you have the following ready;
- functional email address.
2. A functioning mobile phone number.
3. A personal bank account number.
4. A recent, white background Passport Photograph not larger than 5MB.
5. Contact details of two referees such as email address and phone number.
6. A valid Staff ID No./StudentID No (as displayed on your ID Card)
7. An NYSC Callup Number for former corps members (not earlier than 2018).
8. NYSC Callup Number for current corps members, 2022.
9. A copy of highest qualification in .pdf format
10. A copy of means of identification in .jpg or .jpeg format
GENERAL ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA for all applicants
For the avoidance of doubt, all categories of election staff must satisfy the following four (4) conditions prescribed by the Electoral Act:
1. You must not be a political party member.
2. You must not have demonstrated or expressed support for any candidate or party.
3. All interested election staff must apply in person.
4. Applicants must reside in the STATE selected.
Outlined below are the various positions available and their requirements, Please ensure you read the instructions below before you begin your registration.
SUPERVISORY PRESIDING OFFICER (SPO)
Must be a Public/Civil Servant on Grade Level 10-14 (Priority is given to qualified staff of NYSC/NOA/NIMC/NPC) OR Registration Area Officers/INEC staff not engaged in other duties (GL 10-14).
REGISTRATION AREA CENTER (RAC) MANAGER
Must be a Head of School or a staff (GL 07 and above) of the school/ institution/ public building hosting the RAC.
PRESIDING OFFICER (PO) / ASSISTANT PRESIDING OFFICER (APO)
Must be a Serving Corps member
A penultimate student of a Federal/State tertiary institution in Nigeria with a knowledge of IT
A staff of an MDA with an OND qualification
A former corps member (Not earlier than 2018 batch)
REGISTRATION AREA TECHNICAL SUPPORT
Applicants for this category must have an IT background
Must be a suitable INEC staff (not engaged in any other duties)
Serving Corps Members in the Commission (where available)
How to Apply for the INEC Recruitment adhoc staff 2023
If you are yet to create an account or register on this platform, then follow the steps outlined below:
1. Review the requirements for the available positions.
You are expected to go through the requirements for all available Election staff positions to determine your Eligibility
2. Click on “Register” and follow the instructions.
3. Create your Password
After creating your password, you are automatically logged into the portal and presented with an application form
4. Fill the Application form.
Please NOTE: This form is segmented into three (3) sections; (i) Personal Information, (ii) Contact Information and (iii) Bank Details.
Kindly enter your names as associated with your BVN.
Ensure you fill in your details correctly. You will not be allowed to edit details once the form is submitted.
5. Upload your passport photograph.
You are required to upload a recent plain background passport photograph of size not larger than 5MB
6. Fill in the details of your referees
7. Check the Attestation box
The information provided, will be validated from your institutions/organization/referees
8. Submit the application
9. Print your acknowledgement slip.
This is mandatory as you will need this for the final verification.
All submissions are FINAL. Kindly ensure you review your information thoroughly before you click the submit button.
Use the link below to apply now:
NOTE: Deployment would be done based on your selected state of residence.
Applicants with enquiries can reach the Commission on via 0700 225-546-32, or firstname.lastname@example.org .
INEC Portal For The Engagement Of Election Staff Now Open (All You Need to Know)