UBA Foundation is now accepting entries from Senior Secondary school students in Nigeria for its 2022 National Essay Competition. The deadline for submission of entries for the UBA Essay Competition is October 14, 2022. See details below.
UBA Foundation, the CSR arm of the United Bank for Africa (UBA) Plc, announces the commencement of the 2022 edition of the National Essay Competition (NEC) for senior secondary school students in Nigeria. Now in its 12th year, the National Essay Competition provides a competitive platform to develop the intellectual and writing abilities of senior secondary school students in Nigeria. Winners get educational grants to study in any African University of their choice.
The 2022 Essay topic is “ASUU Strikes have often cost Nigerian students time. Advise the Nigerian government on how they can reach an agreement with ASUU to improve tertiary education in the country.”
UBA Foundation National Essay Competition Eligibility 2022
- Must be in senior secondary school
- Must submit a handwritten essay (750 words MAX)
- Must submit a passport photograph
- Must submit a copy of a birth certificate, National ID or Passport.
UBA Foundation National Essay Competition Prizes 2022
- First Prize: N5 million educational grant to any African University of the winner’s choice;
- Second prize: N3 million in educational grants to any African University of choice;
- Third Prize: N2.5 million in educational grants to any African University of choice.
UBA Foundation National Essay Competition Selection Procedure 2022
- Entries received for the competition will be reviewed by a distinguished panel of judges made up of professors from reputable Nigerian Universities who will then shortlist 12 essays for further assessment.
- Following this, the second round of competition will involve the 12 finalists who will write a second superior essay from which the three best essays will be selected as the overall winners from the 12 finalists.
How to Enter UBA Essay Competition 2022
- Applicant must submit their completed contact information (Name, Age, School, Address of school, Telephone Number, Residential Address and Email Address).
- Applicants must attach photocopies of their original birth certificates or international passport data page.
Note: All incomplete and/or duplicate entries will be disqualified.
United Bank for Africa, UBA National Essay Competition 2022 | N10.5m in Prizes